Monday 22 February 2010

First side effects.

Have felt pretty much ok really. Didnt have any nausea and I didn't even take many of the anti-sickness tablets I was prescribed.

The only things I have been suffering with are a dull aching pain in my hand where the needle wsas put in and it is also slightly bruised.

I've had a bit of a sore mouth too because the drugs attack your healthy cells too so they are attacking the lining of my mouth and this has made it quite sore. It's a strange feeling, quite hard to describe. If it gets any worse I will phone the hospital and they will give me some special mouthwash.

Oh and also...a bit of constipation but I think this is from the anti-sickness tablets I was taking!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I had a very sore mouth after my first lot of ABVD....I left it and it got worse very quickly. I would advise you get the mouthwash sooner rather than later, I was given a green mouthwash called difflam (I think that is how it is spelt!!). It numbed my mouth so I could eat and soon cleared the ulcers up that had developed.

    Glad the first one wasn't too bad, mine wasn't either. Although, my arm actually swelled up from the bag that took an hour to go through so keep an eye on that as well, i was fitted with a line for my second lot which made everything easier.

    Have they given you lactalose? I had to take it twice a day along with the anti-sickness which did the trick for me!!

    I hope you said through the rest - I also signed up for the trial and I didn't have to have anymore chemo after I had had my 3 cycles. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the trail. I don't understand why they didn't install a port on you. Maybe because you could get by with fewer infusions? Do they do Power Ports in the UK? It is an extra surgical procedure but man it is so easy to have the chemo infusion.
    Stay well,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth seems ok today, I keep checking it for ulcers but there is nothing so far, Im just keeping an eye on it.
    Luckily no more problems on the constipation front now. I've been eating loads of kiwis so i think that has helped haha :)

    No one has even mentioned a port to me, dunno wether it's because Im only doing 3 months but I thought I would have had to have one.

    Thanks for the support :) X

    ReplyDelete