Tuesday 9 February 2010

Appointment to discuss treatment & Leaving my Uni House

I was booked an appointment to talk to the consultant at home (in Hartlepool) who was to be arranging my treatment on Monday 8th Feb so I decided to move back home on the Sunday.
The saturday night we shaved the boys hair off and waxed their legs. So far we have raised £1825 for the Lymphoma Association. I can't believe it!
Anyway, on Sunday after I had packed the car with my life, my house mates took me into one of the boys rooms where they had some presents waiting for me awww! There was a collage poster, a mug with a photo of us all and a puzzle that was a photo of us so I had something to do when I got bored. They'd obviously gone to a lot of effort to get it sorted and I had to leave before I cried. I was gutted to be leaving but have vowed to keep in touch via phone and im going to sit at the end of their table on webcam while we all have our tea :) I can't wait to go and visit!

On monday I went to the hospital with my mam. The cancer is also in my chest aswell as my neck. I'd suspected it might be because I just had "a feeling". Apparantly it's not uncommon because the neck lymph nodes are connected to the ones in the chest. I don't think it makes it any harder to get rid of either.
On asnother bad note, something flagged up on my PET scan with regard to my bone marrow. Lymphoma can also affect the bone marrow you see so I am due to have a bone marrow biopsy today at 9.30am(I am writing this at silly o'clock in the morning!). If it has affected my bone marrow then it's to quote the doctor "bad news" but he seems confident that it hasnt and it was just reacting to the scan or something.
I however feel less confident, again another "feeling", I just hope Im wrong but I cant help worrying. If I didn't worry about things they would come as more of a shock when they happened.

So fingers crossed for tomorrow! I hope they heavily sedate me too as I have visions of needles in my arms hitting bones so god knows what I will be like having one actually drilled through a bone :/

1 comment:

  1. Friends can be amazing sometimes.

    Found your post on the lymphoma association fb website. I also kept a blog through my treatment, think it helps a lot, and yes it can become addictive, but it also helps in focusing your thoughts, and lets others know how you are getting on, sometimes it is easier to write on here, then speak to people in person.

    Wishing you the best of luck and will be following.

    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete